JOB TITLE: Marketing Director
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Partners
LOCATION: London SW6
SALARY: Competitive basic salary
Attractive bonus scheme
Monthly phone allowance
HOURS: Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm
START DATE: December 2018
Invest beyond your borders. That’s our mantra. And our mission is to make it easy.
Established in 2003 and today led by three partners, Athena Advisers is an international sales network and property investment advisory that specialises in attractive new-build and renovation development projects in key prime markets.
Originally focused in European property investment opportunities in France, London and Lisbon, our diverse portfolio spans time zones and lifestyles. From alpine chalets to sleek town houses, beach houses and everything in between, our portfolio is carefully handpicked to enhance profitability and lifestyle appeal. With offices in Brazil and a strong presence in South Africa and Russia, we help investors from all over the world diversify their portfolio with European property investments or second-home acquisitions in selected destinations.
We are looking for a skilled Marketing Director to cover our current director’s maternity leave. Reporting to the partner responsible for business development and international marketing, the successful candidate will take ownership of our marketing strategy and seek the biggest areas of opportunity for growth. He/she will be in charge of the organisation of marketing ventures. This primarily involves developing and implementing strategies to strengthen the company’s market presence and help it to find a “voice” that will make a difference.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with a passion for the job and able to employ unique marketing techniques. They will be a skilled marketing strategist and able to drive creativity and enthusiasm in others.
The goal is to increase the company’s market share, optimise the lead generations in every destination we are present and maximise revenue in order to thrive against competitors.
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s business activities
- Co-supervise the department (content writers, community managers and designers) and provide guidance and feedback to other marketing professionals
- Research and produce ideas for promotional events or activities and organize them efficiently
- Plan and execute campaigns for the launch of new products and destinations
- Monitor progress and submit return on investment reports
- Work with the Communications Director to produce valuable content for the company’s online presence, editorial design and organising the company’s publications
- Conduct general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements.
- Control budgets and allocate resources amongst projects
- Become the organizations agent towards external partied such as property portals, advertising, social media agencies and partner agents to build strategic partnerships
Skills and Experience
- Relevant marketing degree with proven experience as a Marketing Director. International b2c and b2b marketing with a strong interest in new technologies, start-ups and digital marketing
- A naturally entrepreneurial approach and ability to build relationships and create networks to further enhance the value that Athena can bring to current and future clients and investment partners
- A good understanding of CRM systems (Sales Force, Propertybase or equivalent)
- Thorough knowledge of Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Social Media channels. Up to speed with current marketing techniques and best practices, offline & digital
- Exemplary people and communications skills with a clear understanding of cultural and territorial nuance and distinctions
- Fluent in English & French with exceptional writing & editing skills. Any additional languages are a plus
- Excellent leadership & organization skills with a pro-active approach
- Strong attention to details, strong ability to multi-tasks & work under time pressure
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft & CMS
Please apply via e-mail enclosing a CV and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org