New properties. New lifestyles. We traverse countries and cultures in order to offer you both
Athena Advisers is an international sales network and property investment advisory that was founded on the idea of building bridges — cultural and communicative bridges — between countries and the investors, real estate agents, developers and second home purchasers.
Founded in 2003, the company is driven by the prospect of cross-border investment and has over fifteen years of experience in dealing with diverse markets and audiences.
After refining our expertise in the French market, the company now has a portfolio, which spans time zones, comprising alpine chalets, sleek town houses, Mauritian and Seychellois beach houses, London and Lisbon pied a terre, and everything in between.
Athena Advisers is now recruiting a Group Finance Deputy Director (Directeur Administratif et Financier) to work alongside Partners to provide support to the finance department.
The Group Finance Deputy Director will play an important part in shaping a financial platform to support and ensure profitable growth. Assisting in the production of the monthly management reports, you will ensure the integrity of the French accounts and will have the calibre to step up to Financial Director position in the future.
- Overall responsibility for the group's accounting function to include entities currently in England, France, and Portugal. As well as managing the internal aspects of these accounts you will need to manage the relationships with professional advisors in each jurisdiction.
- Establish a monthly dashboard for the group by company and activity
- Establish trimestrial reporting for different services (including real estate promotional programmes, apartment complex operations, Portuguese projects)
- Provide appropriate reports to both partners and investors
- Carry out an interim closure at six months
- Create and maintain comprehensive accounting and compliance tools with overall responsibility for statutory accounting and reporting, ensuring reliability of financial statements
- Manage companies, holdings and relationships between subsidiaries together with all intercompany transactions and positions
- Financial close, reporting and gap analysis and ability to prepare, complete & submit CT returns in partnership with professional advisors
- Prepare country VAT & Intrastat Returns and monitor for GAAP & tax compliance
- Work on the calculation and issuance of all companies
- Provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Coordinate corporate finance and manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions as appropriate
- Supervise monthly payroll for all offices including calculation of salesmen commissions at appropriate exchange rate, basic salaries, expenses and any deductions
- Manage company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems and assist the Partners in planning for future growth
- Ensure monitoring of cash flow, including a 3-month forecast
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate
- Keep abreast of changes in French & Portuguese financial regulations and legislation
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, agents, clients, investors, banks, certified accountants, Comptabilité d’Analyse des Coûts, and other financial stakeholders
- Prepare forecast and analysis for potential development opportunities and manage investment vehicles
- Acquisition and sales audits
- Conduct financial declarations (e.g. VAT and CFE (Centre de Formalités des Entreprises) and inspections (such as tax declarations CA/CA3)
- Management of the accounting team such as division of tasks and construction inspection
- Establishment of internal procedures (written guides arranged by job, trade, profession, line of work) as well as the plan of action, training, and follow-up
- Optimise general costs including, but not limited to, car rentals, PC, telephones, and so on
- Fundraising management (haut et bas de bilan) as well as debt management
Preferred skills & experience required:
- Fluent in both English & French (written and spoken). Portuguese is a plus.
- A minimum of four years hands-on experience working within a finance department and a qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Degree-educated and preferably DSCG qualified, or working towards this qualification
- Experience of French GAAP accounting
- Excellent knowledge of statutory reporting and accounting suites
- Advanced Excel & Google sheet knowledge, and always being ahead of new technologies
- Previous experience with intercompany processing either for France & European operations or worldwide is desired.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts, excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but merely to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post. It may be reviewed from time to time in agreement with the post holder and the other members of the post holder’s line management team. Athena Advisers Ltd is committed to continuous improvement in managing its staff, including compliance with codes of practice, training for staff, and the monitoring of staff performance.
Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] Alternatively send your details to: Recruitment, Athena Advisers Ltd, 45 Holmead Road, London SW6 2JD