JOB TITLE: Senior Property Consultant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Sales Director
LOCATION: London with frequent travel
SALARY: Competitive basic salary + commission + Phone allowance + Holiday benefits
HOURS: Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm
New properties. New lifestyles. We traverse countries and cultures in order to offer you both.
Athena Advisers is an international sales network and property investment advisory that was founded on the idea of building bridges — cultural and communicative bridges — between countries and the investors, real estate agents, developers and second home purchasers.
Founded by Roman Carel in 2003 and today led by three partners, the company is driven by the prospect of cross-border investment and has over a decade of experience in dealing with diverse markets and audiences.
After refining our expertise in the French market, the company now has a portfolio, which spans time zones, comprising alpine chalets, sleek town houses, Mauritian and Seychellois beach houses, London and Lisbon pied a terre, and everything in between.
Athena Advisers is now recruiting a Property Sales Consultant to work with the sales team based in London. As an experienced sales professional, you will contribute to the continued growth of our international portfolio as part of a leading property investment company.
A varied and challenging role working within time pressures combined with a broad mix of international leisure and investor clients, you will ensure a high level of client/customer care is achieved. Your core sales skills will enable you to approach potential customers to win new business whilst maintaining good relationships with existing clients. A high standard of spoken and written English is essential. Fluency in any other European languages is an advantage but not essential.
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to sell a wide portfolio of properties in key developments
- Responding in a timely fashion to client enquiries via telephone, email and face-to-face
- Following up all enquiries promptly with the aim of negotiating an agreement and closing the sale
- Liaising with mortgage brokers where necessary
- Gathering market and customer information and monitoring all property enquiries through to successful completion
- Ensuring all parties are working towards the scheduled exchange deadline
- Taking the appropriate initiative to ensure performance standards are met
- Producing accurate and timely sales reports for clients and management
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues
The role is a busy one working to tight deadlines as part of an enthusiastic, growing sales team dedicated to excellence in a highly competitive business.
- Identify client needs, analyse enquiries for opportunities and sell appropriate property products and services.
- Develop relationships with clients to ensure consideration of preferred property investment product.
- Advise clients and remain available at each stage of the selling process.
- Meet clients seeking investment to fully establish their exact requirements.
- Liaise with property developers to check the progress of existing developments and to check the stock available for sale
- Account Management of your own network agents that you develop on promoting Athena products
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Sales Director, informing him/her of potential issues, new developments, changes, cost calculations and other vital information within area of responsibility.
- Ensure that all information and transactions regarding clients / applicants are kept confidential.
- Comply with UK laws, regulations and internal controls as well as all property policies and procedures and support the sales and service culture of the organisation.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors’ rates and terms and other trends related to the property industry and drive that knowledge within the team.
Preferred skills & experience
- Good level of English & French
- Proven experience and expertise in sales - must be hungry to sell
- At least three years’ sales experience, ideally in the property sector
- Knowledge of property, ski resorts and skiing lifestyle etc
- Experience and understanding of general sales techniques
- Passionate about architecture, property and holiday destination trends
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft office) + CRM experience using the company CRM software
We’re a young, dynamic team, and we believe in friendliness and inclusivity in the working environment. If, like us, you’re passionate about the prospect of property investment and curious about other cultures and lifestyles, or if you have specific knowledge of one of the many different markets in which we operate, then we want to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but merely to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post. It may be reviewed from time to time in agreement with the post holder and the other members of the post holder’s line management team. Athena Advisers Ltd is committed to continuous improvement in managing its staff, including compliance with codes of practice, training for staff, and the monitoring of staff performance.
Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]