What is it like to spend Christmas in the Alps? Morzine15 June
Morzine is a great example of an Alpine Village that knows how to do Christmas and here are just a handful of the events on offer:
- From 18 December to 31 December Morzine is holding the Morzine Loves Christmas extravaganza, offering different musical events, fireworks, shows and snacks.
- From December 20 – 21 The Fairy Godmothers are visiting the streets of Morzine, performing, dancing on stilts, reciting poetry and offering out some lovely Christmas snacks!
- From December 22 to December 23 children are invited to a Face painting event at the Tourist Office.
- And on 27th December the village invites you to watch all the ski instructors from Morzine ESF in a torch lit decent down the main Pleney slope. There is mulled wine and a firework display. It is truly something to behold.
- But the biggest treat of all is a visit to Father Christmas who lives in Les Gets. Just a few minutes drive from Morzine is the home of Santa. If you are lucky you might catch a glimpse of him if you stroll through the streets of Les Gets over Christmas.