What is it like to spend Christmas in the Alps ? Morzine15 June 2017
Morzine is a great example of an Alpine Village that knows how to do Christmas and here are just a handful of the events on offer:
- From 18 December to 31 December Morzine is holding the Morzine Loves Christmas extravaganza, offering different musical events, fireworks, shows and snacks.
- From December 20 – 21 The Fairy Godmothers are visiting the streets of Morzine, performing, dancing on stilts, reciting poetry and offering out some lovely Christmas snacks!
- From December 22 to December 23 children are invited to a Face painting event at the Tourist Office.
- And on 27th December the village invites you to watch all the ski instructors from Morzine ESF in a torch lit decent down the main Pleney slope. There is mulled wine and a firework display. It is truly something to behold.
- But the biggest treat of all is a visit to Father Christmas who lives in Les Gets. Just a few minutes drive from Morzine is the home of Santa. If you are lucky you might catch a glimpse of him if you stroll through the streets of Les Gets over Christmas.
I have selected another place you cannot miss, Athena Advisers has tried it for you. Located in the beautiful ski resort of Val d’Isère, this typical Savoyard restaurant is famous for the delicious dishes made by Franck Mischler, the chief “Maitre cuisinier of France" La Fruitière.
Combining authenticity and modernity, this restaurant sings the praises of the land of Savoy. La Fruitière works with artisans and producers in the area to perpetuate an eternal knowledge.
A young, enthusiastic and dynamic team providing service in a warm atmosphere is waiting for your coming and I promise you won’t regret it.
Then once you have travelled in the Savoy flavours, burn your calories in clubbing in high altitude with la Folie Douce. Nearly 2,000 people around the world curl every day on the dance floor, with live musicians, DJ John and singers who play hits revisited connected or music created for the occasion. In this magical place, everything is designed for the well-being of the client: warm blankets and duvets are available in case of lower temperatures guardian intends to keep skis and snowboards customers; wireless network is especially dedicated to our customers. It is also possible to organize private parties, at the request of groups, including appetizer, dinner, artistic and musical entertainment and torchlight descent.
Whether it will be music concerts in Chatel, street parades in Chamonix, ice sculptures in Megeve or a real Nordic village in Samoens, the Alps really should be your new Christmas destination. It has so much to offer and you will never forget it. So, if you have decided that you prefer a day on the slopes followed by a glass of mulled wine, a few Christmas carols and fireworks then Alpine Christmases are once again for you.
By the way a marvelous chalet is available in the fantastic area of Val d’Isere, so maybe you should apply for this ALL IN ONE Package (Fun, Magic, Tradition, Modernity & Snow) # Chalet Husky - Val d’Isere