Top 5 reasons to visit Val Cenis15 June 2017
- Located between 2 villages: the largest resort in Haute-Maurienne Vanoise, Val Cenis is located close to the Italian border at 1450m. Two villages, Lanslevillard and Lanslebourg, have been combined to make the resort of Val Cenis. Charm, traditional ambience, simplicity characterize this place. Visitors can expect a genuinely warm welcome from the locals who run the resort themselves. You’ll regularly find markets flanking the high street selling local specialties, whilst the bars and restaurants in the resort have a relaxed atmosphere.
- Breathtaking landscape: the resort sits on the border of the Vanoise National Park – located between the Maurienne and Tarentaise valleys. This place offers unrivalled views from the higher slopes. Founded in 1963 to protect the Alpine ibex, the Park was later combined with the Gran Paradiso National Park in Italy, creating the largest protected area in Western Europe.
- 125km of snow slopes: thanks to the recent development of a link between Val Cenis and Termignon – another nearby village, the area now boasts 125km of skiing on one lift pass. The area is great for experts seeking off-piste skiing, whilst there are also intermediate runs all over the area. Some of which run from top to bottom of the mountain, with a staggering 1400m vertical drop. There are multiple green runs, including a superb, lengthy one from Col du Mont Cenis right down to the valley.
- Christmas destination, holiday destination: this place, perfectly located is a lovely destination for families. Children will have access to many activities while the parents can spend a time admiring the stunning scenery of white covered mountains, or maybe a romantic dinner next to a warm and cosy chimney. There are also excellent nursery slopes and beginners areas make the resort ideal. According to the accommodation Les Chalets de Flambeau, 4 * tourism residence, a SPECIAL selection of Athena Advisors will really surprise you!
- Great offers: Val Cenis is a great choice if you are looking for good value ski resort. You will find cheap shops and fresh products at the market for a reasonable price all around. There are also many offers for families who are willing to stay longer.
We don't have any available properties in Val Cenis at the moment but you can register for updates and we will be in touch as soon as there are.