Portugal - Lisbon - New developments release15 June
The Lisbon Portfolio
Discover our amazing collections of handpicked Lisbon properties, within the best neighbourhoods of the capital.
More and more people are investing in Portugal and at Athena Advisors we completely understand why…
The lifestyle: Lisbon has a wonderful Mediterranean climate with 300 days of sun per year, the ocean is always close and it has an important historic heritage. The cost of living is incredibly good, it’s one of the lowest in Europe (65% of the French cost of living) and in 2010 the European Consumers Choice Awards rated Lisbon as the “Best Destination 2010”. It is also the second safest capital in Europe behind Helsinki.
The investment: Over the last 5 years, property prices in Portugal have continued to drop, reducing by just over 10%, but with the recent initiatives put in place by the government now seemingly making traction the market is on the turn. Data from Statistics Portugal shows that property prices increased by 1.22% in the year to first quarter 2014, though prices are still well below their 2007 level, therefore still representing incredible value for investors. As it stands, prime city properties can be acquired from as little as €6,000 p/sqm.
The Visas: With a minimum investment of €500,000 in Portuguese real estate non-residents can apply for access to an investment based residence permit (ARI) also known as a ‘Golden Visa’. The visa enables free circulation in the 26 European Schengen area countries and also provides a route to eventual Portuguese nationality and European citizenship. Since 2012, around 1,500 ARI applications have been passed, the vast majority obtained through investing in property. Of those more than 90% are related to property purchases within and around Lisbon.
Our five new luxury developments in Lisbon:
1) Amouraria is a multi-million euro regeneration of one of Lisbon’s most authentic neighbourhood into a superb collection of residential apartments, private wellness facilities and commercial space. The location of the project is superb, in the heart of the city, yet private enough and away from the main thoroughfares. It is within a district call Mouraria, one of the oldest and most authentic neighbourhoods of Lisbon and one which still show off its Moorish heritage today.
Last few units remaining!
2) Cordon 31 is located in Chiado, one of the city’s most prestigious districts. With architecture echoing that of Haussmanian buildings of Paris, the building was created in the typical Pombaline style, a distinctive period architectural from of the 18th century. The development is home to 10 spacious apartments that are being brought back to life by a dynamic and forward thinking developer who wants to re-energise real estate in the area.
Selling fast – enquire for further details.
3) Also in Chiado, is Rosemary 22. The Chiado district is known to be a place a place of culture, fashion and commerce. It’s an area of many different scenes and this diversity is one of the main reasons it is so popular with international buyers. Theatres, bookshops, jewelers, art shops, luxury brand boutiques provide a unique juxtaposition against the historic buildings.
Only 8 of 14 units remaining!
4) The historic Grande Hotel Monte Estoril is being transformed into a boutique collection of just 15 apartments in one of the most sought after areas of Lisbon’s beautiful coastline. Each apartment will enjoy breathtaking panoramic sea views and a location close to peaceful beaches, exquisite restaurants and the Estoril Casino.
8 units of 15 units remaining!
5) Located on the prestigious Avenida da Liberdade, the most beautiful boulevard in Lisbon, Liberdade 238 is one of the most compelling real estate offerings to come on the market in recent years. These luxury apartments are on the Lisbon equivalent of the Champs-Élysées in Paris, the place to be in Lisbon for leading stores, best hotels, theatres and historical buildings, as well as the location of choice for top business headquarters and luxury brands.
Only 5 of 24 units remaining!