The Lisbon Property market13 June 2017
As Portugal begins to emerge from the financial crisis, well-located real estate in Lisbon is easily primed to be one of the best performers over the next decade.
Compared to other European cities, which have been the mainstay for international investors of the past 10 years, Lisbon now offers incredible value for money.
As a comparison, if you look London, prime properties can currently command up to €33,000 a square metre. Prices in Paris are about the same and even in smaller capitals like Vienna prices can reach €25,000 per square metre. In Lisbon, prime real estate can be acquired for between €6,000 and €15,000 per square metre.
Elsewhere in Lisbon within regeneration areas like Alcântara even more value can be found. Here high-quality new properties can be found for between €5,500 and €6,000 per square metre.
- A highly developed and transparent market
- A high quality of supply in all sectors
- A considerable presence of foreign occupiers
- Various international consultants and agents
- Property prices plunged by up to 30% between 2010 and 2014 and are now bottoming out